Onloya Absatornal Bitseneye ~ Victory to God's Warriors
Or something along those lines. I don't know whether I believe in them. Not all of 'God's Warriors' seem to deserve victory. That's just me though, and I'm no one special.

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Lost, humiliated, and frozen

Why did I ever apply to join the force? It looked so good, such a perfect career, but is it heck. I got so lost in the HQ, couldn't find the door I was supposed to be finding. I must have asked for directions like fifty times, and everyone I asked was sort of checking me out, as though they were trying to work out what I was doing there. And then I finally found Red and his team. He seemed all right I guess, looks like he's just left school, but I guess he hasn't. I get so confused with ages, he's probably in his thirties. I don't know, angels age so slowly it's nigh on impossible to tell. The others though... I don't know. They were pretty shocked when they saw me, and one of them, guy called Imran, was just like 'Hang on, I thought you said we were getting a new warrior in our team, not a cheerleader.' I felt like slapping him, would've done too if the circumstances were different. Instead, I just about managed to keep from crying.
Red sent me off to find Eagle, said there wasn't much happening at the time, so I might as well go meet my mentor. He told me where to find him, and this time I didn't get lost. It would've been pretty hard since he was near enough next door, at the bottom of a flight of stairs. There were cages in here, with thick iron bars - demons can't vanish when they're surrounded by iron - and the guy who's supposed to be my mentor was this huge, seven foot tall guy with dark skin and even darker eyes. He looked me over and nodded slightly to himself. I spent the rest of the morning with him, him trying to 'get to know me', me trying not to scream and run off because he was the spitting image of one of the guards.
I went back up to Red after I ate my dinner, but he wasn't there. Imran said he was the second in command, and nobody argued with him. He gave me directions for this place, the armoury, and told me to ask for a long stand. I went off and did it, and the room was freezing. I asked the guy and he smiled and told me to wait where I was. I did and I was there for ages, shivering, because I wasn't dressed for the cold but he was. I figured he'd forgotten me, and when I asked him again, he laughed and told me to go back to my captain. Turns out that it was Imran's idea of a joke. I was so glad my shift finished pretty soon after I got back. I just lay on my bed and cried for ages. I don't want to go back tomorrow, but I know I have to or it'll be even worse.

No comments: