Onloya Absatornal Bitseneye ~ Victory to God's Warriors
Or something along those lines. I don't know whether I believe in them. Not all of 'God's Warriors' seem to deserve victory. That's just me though, and I'm no one special.

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Day 1 with Eagle.

Guess what! I managed not to make a fool of myself. Definitely a better start than I hoped for. Eagle seems all right really. He's fairly quiet, which meant I was a bit fidgety at first, until I realised he wasn't getting ready to do something, he's just like that, but it went pretty well I thought. Now that I've started in on this thing, whatever it's supposed to be, getting confident within myself or something like that, I guess it's not going to be too bad. He's mostly based in the Fort, which is the jail thing underneath our HQ. We sat together for a while, not doing anything, not even talking, and it kind of creeped me out at first, but I didn't know how to make conversation with him, so we just sat. Eventually he started talking, just bits and pieces, not real, deep conversation, just talk. To fill the silence. I don't think he's much used to small talk either. He seemed a little awkward. But he asked me questions, about me, and I answered as best I could. What music do I like, that sort of stuff. If you're wondering, I really enjoy listening to the old stuff, from the twenties and the thirties and the forties. It's got a kind of quality to it that's missing from music today. I don't know how to describe it. Eagle said he mostly liked panpipe music, you know the sort of stuff I mean, that Native American kind of music that's all right really but hardly anyone actually listens to a lot. He said he plays the flute, and that struck me as kind of strange. It always seems a kind of gentle instrument, you know? And here's this huge angel telling me that he plays it. Still, I guess it suits him in a way. He's kind of gentle, even if he is really tall and freaked me out at first. I don't think I'm that scared of him any more. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel as though he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Only time will tell though.
See you later I guess.

No comments: